For Sale: 1947 Packard Custom Super 8 Clipper 2-door Club Sedan - $55,000 - Eagle, ID - Not Mine

For Sale: 1947 Packard Custom Super 8 Clipper 2-door Club Sedan - $55,000 - Eagle, ID

1947 Packard Custom Super 8 2-door Sedan - cars & trucks - by owner... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

Rare 1947 Custom Super 8 Sedan; Rebuilt engine; Paint and Chrome. Comes with 1951 non-running sedan and many other spare parts. There are only a handful of these beautiful 2 door sedans in existence.
$55,000 no trades.

Copy and paste in your email: d39596a8483235ff9ff043f132688bb3@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1947 Packard Custom Super 8 Clipper 2-door Club Sedan.

'47 Packard Custom Super 8 2dr ID a.jpg

'47 Packard Custom Super 8 2dr ID b.jpg

'47 Packard Custom Super 8 2dr ID c.jpg

'47 Packard Custom Super 8 2dr ID d.jpg

'47 Packard Custom Super 8 2dr ID e.jpg

'47 Packard Custom Super 8 2dr ID f.jpg

'47 Packard Custom Super 8 2dr ID g.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Don't think I've ever seen one of those before. Beautiful. 

There is a good reason for that: although actual production numbers are unknown, serial number analysis of known survivors indicates that only approximately 600 of these top-line 1946-'47 Custom Super Clipper two door club sedans were built.   Survivors can be counted on two hands.  The majority of the Custom Supers were four door touring sedans.   But, among Packard enthusiasts, these Custom Super club sedans are considered the most desirable and sought after of all 21st Series Clippers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW very nice!! I have seen the 4 doors but I have never seen a 2 door.

There are sides of the coin when seeing a 'very rare' or 'only a handful made'. Yeah you could find a rare collectible like the on pictured here and be proud you struck collector car gold!. On the other hand you'd better make sure the car is complete and unmodified because finding some of the parts can be an expensive proposition. Even though this one is $55k I assume it is a complete driver and all the hard to find parts have been found and are on the car.  So buy the best you can afford on the rare collectibles and save yourself some expensive headaches!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1