Back new to Buick

Good day,

My name is Steve, I thought I was new here but when I went to sign up it said that ID is in use.  Turns out I posted to sell my Chrysler TC Maserati in 14 and I joined in 02?  Is that possible?

So anyways I digress, sorry, but have had 3 Buicks in the recent past that were always dealer taken care of, an 07, traded up to a 12, traded up to a 17, all LaCrosses I think.  All for the wife, she ended up not liking the 17 and went foreign.

So, I work on old cars as my hobby, being retired.  Enjoy it?  Usually but sometimes there are times.  Seems mostly GM iron, resurrected a 58 Olds 98 that sat for 20 plus years, sold it.  A 36 Chevy sport sedan, sold it, resurrected a 64 Olds Dynamic 88 coupe, sold it.  A 79 Scout, sold it.  My pride and joy is a 46 IH K2, was a fire truck at the local airport, still have it.  Also have a 53 Ford sedan with flathead, might sell it.  Recently acquired a 62 Olds F85, in the process of resurrecting.

So, my most recent now pertains to the Buick category.  A 1957 Buick Century dropped into my lap.  It belongs to a relative, very distant but a relative, maybe my marriage, I don't really know.

Story is, my distant cousin's grandma and grandpa parked it in the farm shed in Salinas, CA in 1988, left the keys in the ignition and went into the retirement home.

Cousin unscrewed the shed doors and had it shipped to me in WA state and he wants me to get it on the road so he can drive it home and give his dad a ride in it, who is 88.  Not sure I can make that deadline but I will try.

It has been here a week.  Got it gutted and the carb apart and soaking, but the engine is froze, so working on that.

And I will stop here and post updates in the proper category.

Sorry about the long book

Steve

IMG_6597.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG 0222.JPG

thumbnail (6).jpg

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_13901.JPG

IMG_14401.JPG

IMG_14471.JPG

IMG_14491.JPG

IMG_14541.JPG

IMG_14561.JPG

VYVD76701.JPG

XGVT69301.JPG

IMG_14831.JPG

• Like 4

Steve! Nice shop and really nice cars! You look like you kinda know what you're doing there :) with restorations! Good luck with the Century and please reach out if you have any questions, especially Buick Junior Series (40/60) questions. Hopefully, I can help.