lower park extensions on 63 non illuminated

Dundee

They are on '63 and '64 and not lighted.  The '65 is not as tall and is lighted. On the '65 it functions as a parking light and a turn signal. 

I've often thought it would be cool to figure out how to add running light to the '63 and '64. 

I've seen the lower grill pieces available here and eBay. Be sure to look at the back side as well as the front. One of the pieces for my wife's '63 had a couple of corroded spots on the back side that ended up making holes.

Loren

2 minutes ago, Loren@65GS.com said:

They are on '63 and '64 and not lighted.  The '65 is not as tall and is lighted. On the '65 it functions as a parking light and a turn signal. 

I've often thought it would be cool to figure out how to add running light to the '63 and '64. 

I've seen the lower grill pieces available here and eBay. Be sure to look at the back side as well as the front. One of the pieces for my wife's '63 had a couple of corroded spots on the back side that ended up making holes.

Loren

Thanks Loren, I just grabbed a pair on eBay thanks for confirming the set up

As you’re sorting through your parts, check your turn signal housing to see if the car was equipped with the cornering light option.  There will be a socket in the very bottom that is oriented to the cast light on the curb in the direction you’re turning.  It is activated when the turn signals are activated.

Its very time consuming and on a deadline...especially with some of the small things popping up like fan motors pulled apart and finding brush wires detached, soldering and reassembly to find the housing screws are no where to be found...arggg

but it is a great way to learn about the car kind of like it is on the assembly line! always easier to take it apart though I am sure! 

6 minutes ago, RivNut said:

As you’re sorting through your parts, check your turn signal housing to see if the car was equipped with the cornering light option.  There will be a socket in the very bottom that is oriented to the cast light on the curb in the direction you’re turning.  It is activated when the turn signals are activated.

Ed,

This answer your question and PS I need a LH base as is bent and broken.. Best offer counts has a pair but looks pricey at 200USD ..

Do the parkers run from this headlight wiring loom??(cut for what reason) perhaps the purple and blue wires in that extra plug will go to wiring diagram and have a look..I still have other looms to go through but thats a step away from current program. I think I may be missing the sockets for those extra corner lights and see that the best offer lights come with those wires and plug in sockets.

IMG_5149.JPG

IMG_5150.JPG

Your signal housing is correct for a 63. One socket for the turn signal, one for the parking light. The empty hole is for the cornering light. In cars not equipped with cornering lights, there was a gray plastic plug in that hole.  Check with the ROA guys in Australia for parts rather than paying shipping, tariffs, and who knows what else for shipping from the US.  Check the ROA website for info on the Aus ROA Region. Tom Kunek is the national  coordinator.  

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Your signal housing is correct for a 63. One socket for the turn signal, one for the parking light. The empty hole is for the cornering light. In cars not equipped with cornering lights, there was a gray plastic plug in that hole.  Check with the ROA guys in Australia for parts rather than paying shipping, tariffs, and who knows what else for shipping from the US.  Check the ROA website for info on the Aus ROA Region. Tom Kunek is the national  coordinator.  

Your right its probably time to put a list out to the Aussie guys for what I am looking for then if not its back to the US of A