GM Intake, Exhaust Manifold, and Carb

Cadillac Nut

The manifolds look like the ones on the early 1960s Chevy 153 cu in four cylinder used in the Chevy II/Nova cars. Those installations typically used a Rochester Monojet carb, however and not this Model B. A lot of these little four cylinder engines were used in marine and industrial applications, which may be where the Model B carb came from.

DSCN2895.jpglisting_pic_1139051_1453179919.jpeg

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Like most of us I had forgotten about that little 153 Four, despite having a cousin who owned one coupled to a Powerglide in a 1968 Chevy II coupe. Real bottom feeder car that could barely get out of its own way. I think it did have an AM radio. It was the cheapest thing on the Chevy dealer's lot and it got good fuel mileage, so it was perfect for a community college student commuting 50 miles a day to school.

Until I dug around a bit just now, I never knew this engine has never been out of production since its 1962 introduction. It lives on today as a fuel injected Vortec 3000 four-cylinder, bored and stroked to 181 ci, just hasn't been available in North American car market since 1970.

5 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Like most of us I had forgotten about that little 153 Four, despite having a cousin who owned one coupled to a Powerglide in a 1968 Chevy II coupe. Real bottom feeder car that could barely get out of its own way. I think it did have an AM radio. It was the cheapest thing on the Chevy dealer's lot and it got good fuel mileage, so it was perfect for a community college student commuting 50 miles a day to school.

Until I dug around a bit just now, I never knew this engine has never been out of production since its 1962 introduction. It lives on today as a fuel injected Vortec 3000 four-cylinder, bored and stroked to 181 ci, just hasn't been available in North American car market since 1970.

Note that the new ones even have the front sump oil pan used in the Nova installations.

image.png.def8918b42a74e885019292e3f93c615.png

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2022 at 8:02 PM, Cadillac Nut said:

Obviously I know this is a GM intake and exhaust manifold assembly, but I cannot find these part numbers listed anywhere.  Exhaust is 378863 (or could be 53)  Intake looks like 3788588   Anyone know what this is for? 

PXL_20220919_231810402.jpg

PXL_20220919_231814683.jpg

PXL_20220919_231924726.jpg

Is this for sale?