Club Ride in Princeton NJ on 8/24/22??

Tom Devoe

While driving through NJ, quite a few pre war cars passed me on Carter Road just outside Princeton around 4:30 on 8/24.  I was unable to ID the cars, but all were teens to early 20's.  One I did see was a REO.  Maybe all were REO's.  It was quite the site, and so glad I saw them on the road.  Does anyone know what club or outing was taking place?  I hope I didn't miss a great show!  I'll try to get some photos from my dash cam, but probably won't be very good quality.  This really made my day!

Tom,

I can't tell you who or why you saw thise antique cars in Princeton on August 24, but I can tell you that you will see lots more of them next month when the 2022 Glidden Tour will be in and around Princeton NJ.    One of the countries largest gatherings of Pre-WWII cars, the Glidden Tour in a different place every fall,   We gather to drive these antique cars and see your part of the country.   Hosted by the local Regions of the Antique Car Club of America, we drive mainly secondary roads to see historical sights and attractions.  It is not a SHOW, but you are welcome to come look.   The Tour will be in your area Sept. 25-30th.   As a 1959 Graduate of the Valley Road School in Princeton, I would love to be there in my 1934 Ford, unfortunately with two new knees I'm not able to drive the 500-700 mile tour yet.

If you really want to see a bunch of "old cars", you need to come to the Henry Ford Museum/ Greenfield Village the first weekend after Labor Day.  Sept 10-11 this year.   In my opinion this is the best non-concours old car event anywhere.  This is where you can see "normal" vehicles being driven and enjoyed by their owners.

The event is limited to 1932 and older vehicles only.  There is usually 600-700 vehicles in attendance along with a lot of other items of the era like motorcycles, high wheeler bicycles, etc...  During this event, vehicle owners are allowed to drive their vehicles around the village.  Lots of rides given to many friends & families.

There is also a HCCA & AACA two day tour the Thursday & Friday before the weekend event.  If you come, look me up as we will be there with the '15 Buick Truck.

https://www.thehenryford.org/current-events/calendar/old-car-festival/?gclid=CjwKCAjw3qGYBhBSEiwAcnTRLidcF7CvwwmX7_51IrOtJt9awpWpI2PQw3d5C8e_PdUcJyBvN6ARlRoC1PoQAvD_BwE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What Larry says, me too.  Gary

The Snapper's Brass and Gas touring region of the AACA also is participating in the Lansing to Dearborn Endurance run and coming to Chatham, On in September then the Hershey Hangover for three days after Hershey in October.  Mid winter meeting in Florida then touring season begins anew.  About, some 300 members active in Pre '16 vehicles and one and two cylinder too.  Good group.

Edited by cxgvd (see edit history)