recommendations for a 12V Electric Fuel Pump?

jim1941

I have a 1976 AMC Pacer and would like to add an electric fuel pump with an "on - off" switch near the dash to use in case of vapor lock.  I'm told to use a solenoid type pump, but in looking at the ones offered by Napa, for instance, information does not say anything about being solenoid type.  Does anyone have a specific brand of 12V electric fuel pump to recommend?  Thanks, Jim

Thanks Mark.  I like the design and will go for it.  Looks identical to the Delphi CFE0553 and in the same price range. Wonder if it's really the same manufacturer?   

Had to be towed home the other day only a few miles from home and I suspected vapor lock.  About two hours later in my cool garage the car started and ran like a charm.  

Jim

I started using Chinese Onan generator knock off fuel pumps ( think Onan Microlite ect. )about 10 years ago simply because I had some laying around.

Great little pumps. High lift, even pressure. Easy mounting brackets and fuel line hook up. Still under $25. Have them on all my carburetor engines.

• Thanks 1