Heater control module has no power. Please help!! 91 chevy sliverado k1500 5.7l.

Codyjoe

I have a 91 chevy sliverado k1500 5.7l. I have checked all wiring and took the connectors out and wired the wires up straight, changed the dimmer switch, tried 2 different control modules. With a test light it seams to be getting power to the connector to the display and on certain ones I check will click a relay but no matter what I do I can not get the display to light up. ?? 

Are you talking about the digital display of an automatic temperature control?

In Buicks the resistors on the circuit board come unsoldered and the cure is to resolder them. I've done three of them so far.

Yep, are talking about the board inside the display, I have 2 other displays I have tried and no luck with any of them. But I will check to make sure the resistors are intact. No heat is no fun in the winter months.

Be sure to check the display dimmer.  I thought I had lost the display on my 2019 Yukon Denali.  I finally found that while entering or exiting the vehicle, I had brushed against the dimmer at the lower left of the dash and turned it all the way down.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Heater control module has no power. Please help!! 91 chevy sliverado k1500 5.7l.

Thanks man, yeah that would be easily done, I actually put a new dimmer switch in cause I though that was the culprit. No such luck for me though. Does the display still function (as far as controlling heat and air) when the dimmer is turned down like that? Cause I often though it could be the wire from the dimmer to the display. But all my other lights do work. 

On the Buick automatic temperature control of the late 90s 2000s the control still worked (controlled temperature) you just could not see what it was set for or what the outside temperature is. Once the bord is removed from the housing, the resistors are obviously loose at the solder pads.

Yes, if you turn down the dash lamps to dark the controller still works.

If yours is not controlling the temperature, it might be something else that I mentioned.