1926 Nash clutch slipping

installed rebuild clutch in a 1926 Nash Advance Six. made adjustments pre owner manual the clutch is slipping and the car will not move. Have adjusted the plate till i have no pedal. Still slipping  I believe the spring on the throw out sleeve has lost it tension. Anybody ran a cross this before or any suggestion,  Thank you Andy Wise  Andy's Garage andygarage@comcast.net   302-245-7276

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 11:30 AM, AWISE said:

installed rebuild clutch in a 1926 Nash Advance Six. made adjustments pre owner manual the clutch is slipping and the car will not move. Have adjusted the plate till i have no pedal. Still slipping  I believe the spring on the throw out sleeve has lost it tension. Anybody ran a cross this before or any suggestion,  Thank you Andy Wise  Andy's Garage andygarage@comcast.net   302-245-7276

Who rebuilt your clutch? I'm working on my '25 Advanced Six clutch and could use a source for friction discs and throwout bearings...

Do you have the supplemental data provided to Nash dealers on clutch repair? I have the '25 owners manual but I just got ahold of the clutch repair service bulletins that go into more detail. 

Is the disk in backwards? Part of rebuilding any clutch is replacing all the springs. Using 100 year old springs over isn’t rebuilding a clutch.