Australian Buick Nationals - New South Wales Club 50th Anniversary - May 2022

Hi all,

Thought I would finally get around to posting a few photos of the Australian Nationals and post tour which were held over two weeks in May in and around the country town of Dubbo. Approximately 67 Buicks attended with representatives from all states and territories except Northern Territory.  Photo One, my 1936 parked next to the most recent restored 1929 Roadster (which also won grand champion). Photo Two, It's not often you find yourself pulling up at lights behind another '36. Photo Three, pre-war Buicks in the historic gold mining town of Hill End. Photo Four, 1930 coupe driving along a country lane in the historic town of Sofala. Photo Five, something I have never seen before and likely never see again, my lovely wife polishing the Buick after a teenager smeared some orange juice on the fender, my heart was warmed when my wife expressed outrage at such a heinous act! hahahaha. Photo Six, the '36 doing a lap of Australia's most famous race track, Mount Panorama, I am driving across the top of the mountain and about to head down into the cloud layer. Photo Seven, a cluster of pre-war Buicks parked outside the historic Manildra "Amusu" picture theatre (Built in 1936). Photo Eight, the '36 in the little town of Eugowra.  The event was fantastic with a little over 1200 miles covered, Please enjoy the photos. 

Buick NAtionalsA.jpg

BuicknationalsD.jpg

BuicknationalsG.jpg

Buick NationalsF.jpg

Buick Nationals1.jpg

BuicknationalsH.jpg

BuicknationalsE.jpg

Buick NationalsB.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I meant to post this some time ago. I don't usual like to post photos of myself but I just love this photo...it looks especially good in black and white. It was taken in the back streets of the tiny historic gold mining town of Sofala during the Australian Buick Nationals in May 2022. By the way, the dog is not mine but makes for a good look 

1930 Buick and me.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting the photos.    

In the states we often complain about the lack of attendance at some of our meets that are located is less populated parts of the US

I am sure you have the same problem,  but it looks like a good turn out. 

Hi Barney, distance is a big problem here in Australia and our membership is not getting any younger. The BCA has a similar issue. We had about 67 cars attend from almost every corner of the country which is not bad considering we only have a population of 26 million. Also, the last time Buick was made here was about 1946, so numbers of surviving cars and the profile of Buicks has faded a lot since the heydays of the 20s to the 40s. In saying that, we had about five 1936 Buicks attend the Victorian Club's 50th anniversary event in 2017 but when I attended the 2018 Denver Nationals there wasn't one. Cheers Paul

• Thanks 1