For Sale: 1925 PEERLESS 6-72 Touring - Project - LITCHFIELD, MA - Not Mine - Car No Longer Available For Sale, April2023

For Sale: 1925 PEERLESS 6-72 Touring - Project - $18,000 - LITCHFIELD, MA

1925 PEERLESS - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1925 Peerless Model 72. This Peerless is from California, no rust, no rot. Excellent opportunity for someone to restore an original American Made Automobile. Part of the 3 P's (Peerless, Packard, and Pierce Arrow).

Copy and paste in your email: 

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1925 PEERLESS 6-72 Touring - Project.

Edited by 58L-Y8
Car No Longer Available For Sale, April 2023 (see edit history)

What would be the estimated cost if one were to "take the opportunity to restore" the above car to the condition of the one below? 

Don't forget the asking price of $18k.

What would be an estimated auction value after a show circuit tour?

P.S.  Seller states "title missing".

(Unless there's something here I dont see or understand, is this a reasonable project?)

BF AUCTION: 1925 Peerless 6-70 Sedan | Barn Finds

Edited by f.f.jones (see edit history)

To perhaps give ff an answer to the question he posed I restored a similar project recently.  I paid $12,500 for a car which was complete and licensed but had been sitting idle since 1991.  It took six years and cost me $30,000 including the purchase price, taxes, parts and services.  In my work I believe the car was left because the rear axle gears failed, I managed to find a used ring gear and a machinist outfitted the works with new, modern bearings.  I think I could sell the car for no more than $30,000 today, but I plan to enjoy it for the next ten years.  Oh, I should declare I paid in Canadian money, subtract 20% for US dollars.

Regards, Gary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Doubtful there is any financial upside to restoring any 1920's cars whether even an open touring or roadster.  One has to want to for reasons beyond eventual financial reimbursement or gain.

Agreed.  There is also a large difference between the cost of a good amateur restoration (local mixed make shows) and a true concours-winning one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Doubtful there is any financial upside to restoring any 1920's cars whether even an open touring or roadster.  One has to want to for reasons beyond eventual financial reimbursement or gain.

This statement holds true for just about any car. 

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1925 PEERLESS 6-72 Touring - Project - LITCHFIELD, MA - Not Mine - Car No Longer Available For Sale, April2023