1938 Dodge Running Boards

Located the gentleman that bought Hunley Acuff's running board business and trying to convince him to crank it up to make some. He isn't sure of the interest level so I told him I would check this site to see. The boards would probably be in the $1000-$1200 level. If interested PM me and I will present to him. Below is a picture of my original board and a picture of the board I bought from Acuff. They are identical and beautiful.049.JPG.7350f7fd801bb426ca44e341a8cc8af2.JPG1759252888_05062015514.JPG.c9200d20ce6741fb6b27592ea6ab27bf.JPG

I hope there is some interest in this. It would be a shame to have this service go away. I have been looking for original running board rubber for the 1936 C-8 Chrysler for many years. Hunley did not offer that, sadly. Original running board rubber is what separates the REAL restored cars from the amateur jobs, provided the rubber is available somewhere.

I'd like to have my 1936 Dodge mats redone but if the new owner isn't making any, I'm not sure what the quality would be and I don't want to be a guinea pig. There's always a learning curve. For that kind of money, they should be near perfect. I can't understand why people buy up these specialty shops only to shut them down! This is a much needed service as few mat rebuilders will reproduce the original style mats, most do the whole board cover!

The new owner is very familiar with the process as he owns a business doing similar production under government contracts. That is why he invested in the purchase. He is investigating the viability of setting up this production. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...