1949 Kaiser Special - $8,500 Nice Interior

Too bad about that dent and the chrome! 

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/nipomo-1949-kaiser-special/7488098004.html

1949 Kaiser special. I have owned it for about 4 years and have lost interest in it. It runs and drives good. Starts up every time. It has the original flat head 6 cylinder engine with 3 speed manual transmission. Very rare and unique automobile. The interior is 90% complete. Needs mino TLC or just drive as is. Turns heads everywhere I go. Suspension and brakes and been gone through. Tuned up and new exhaust system. It has a modern electric fuel pump and converted to 12v. Factory push button start. Needs minor body work. Bumpers need refinish. I have the chrome molding for the sides and a few other spare parts for it. Ready for restoration or perfect weekend cruiser as it is. Clean title in hand. Call or text for more info. Serious buyer only. No holds first come first serve.(805) 266-1199

00c0c_6ZlVOFcglJVz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00C0C_6JoDH1fjNBoz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00R0R_2ffzf6U0Uwcz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00g0g_itnf4vha716z_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00505_1BvoGbI5WpSz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg01616_8O9eXULNOpSz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Cool. Other than the bumpers it looks pretty presentable. Could be an affordable way to get into a 1940's American sedan of a unique make.

BTW, what's the ball park figure for getting a complete bumper rechromed? I'll need to do that on my T-Bird in the next year or so.

This car is oddly equipped, no radio and no heater but it does have a clock. Likely it was added by an owner as would have been the chrome inner windshield reveal molding. On the Special, it would have been painted.

A couple of other things that jump out at me...the radiator is not the correct unit and the seat upholstery as well as the rear center arm rest is incorrect too. The former is an easy fix as radiators to fit the 49-50 Kaisers are not hard to find. The seat material is another story. That said, bump out the dent and replate the bumpers and you'll have a nice driver. The 49-50 Kaiser and Frazer are among the nicest riding and driving cars in the entire line.