Wanted (NOW FOUND): 1941 Buick Clock

Grant Z

Wanted (NOW FOUND😞 1941 Buick clock in restored or able-to-be restored condition.
As you can see the hands on my clock are incorrect plus there is a second hand, so I assume the clock has been replaced (it’s battery operated).

Clock Reference.jpg

My Clock.jpg

Edited by Grant Z (see edit history)

Hi Grant:

These come up fairly often on Ebay in varying conditions.  I don't know whether Ebay sellers will ship to Australia, but if you're patient, you will eventually find a decent one.  The hardest thing to find is the ivory-colored plastic face in good condition.  Most clocks have a cracked or misshapened face, like the one in your car.

Here's an example to get you started (but not a particularly good one).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284659615243?hash=item424709060b:g:9jAAAOSw4AhiEEnO

I would try to get the correct wiring harness when you locate the clock. The light for the glove box is controlled by a small device that makes contact when the glove box door is opened. I have seen many of these clocks where this part is missing. 

I forgot to mention that there were two manufacturers of these clocks. Both look identical on the face and function the same, but the lighting of the glove box is a little different. I believe that the George Borg is more popular, but Jaeger also makes an appropriate clock. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Grant Z changed the title to Wanted (NOW FOUND): 1941 Buick Clock