For sale: 1931 Oldsmobile patrician

1931 Oldsmobile patrician barn find for sale, I purchased the car about 6 months ago from the 2nd owner with hopes to restore it all of its glory but life’s changed and I’m hoping a true enthusiast will give it the love it deserves. Car is originally from southern Alaska and comes with the classic car paperwork to prove it. Car was imported to Port angeles Washington in the early 1970s and has been garaged every since. Zero rust or pitting all the wood is in good shape, only surface rust where the paint has flaked away because of age. Pictures will show all the work needed to be done to restore it 

runs and drives I have videos of it running and driving 

3 speed

197 cubic in in-line 6 

Clean Washington title 

firm on 5k only asking what I paid for it in hopes another enthusiast will bring it back to life.

360-461-4518 or Jakesparks349@icloud.com 

thanks 

96C77B6E-CE99-4427-A5DF-5509AB48BC48.jpeg

4DCFD864-16C5-4285-BC28-B3A20AC3B762.jpeg

49C2CC11-E204-4440-9145-413B796CA4DF.jpeg

FCEB87E9-A329-4BAD-8058-6E8E8343BB62.jpeg

D28FE781-7A33-4DEB-BCDA-1CE84C273BB4.jpeg

D1CF0363-4471-4D1C-9934-2EAA035CE882.jpeg

• Like 1

Cars like this always catch my attention.  For some reason (that only a psychiatrist might explain) I’m drawn to late twenties/early thirties sedans, probably since my first car and current car is a one in the same 1932 Dodge Brothers sedan with sidemounts and wire wheels.  My car and this old girl would have been rivals in the showrooms of the time.  Even back then I probably would have gone with the Dodge for the all steel body verses the wood body construction of the Olds.  I paid four grand nine years ago for my ride, mainly because it was my actual first car that I found again after forty years.  It was in slightly better condition than the car offered above.  As I’m nearing completion of my restoration, I know exactly what is required in labor and cash to get something like this back on the road.  I have to wonder how many in the hobby would want to tackle a project like this.  This style and period of vehicle seems to be rather out of favor these days, although most folks seem to like my car when they see it.  I hope you find a buyer, although the asking price may (or may not)  be a bit too high for such a major project.  Best of luck.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Taylormade said:

I know exactly what is required in labor and cash to get something like this back on the road.  I have to wonder how many in the hobby would want to tackle a project like this.  This style and period of vehicle seems to be rather out of favor these days

Sad but true. 

I'd try Facebook Marketplace, a lot of people view that site. You really need to push the fact that is does run and yard-drive.  Make a driving video on YouTube so you can add the link to an ad if FB allows that. If they don't allow links, say in the ad that "you can find my driving video on YT by searching for 1931 Olds yard drive" and use that title for the YT video.  You need to get creative with this project car.