Need help identifying this car frame

Nick m

We have this car frame and I am not sure what it is for. The left grease cap is Chevy and the right one is ford and I believe the frame to be from something around the late 20’s and early 30’s. Anything will help even small details.8D5EFCC5-B0EA-4817-B449-7FEB8CBED6EC.jpeg.5d4670f7cfe6a01336e055486dcd7617.jpegThe rear axle is disc brakes with a split case diff, not one with a cover. I could not find any design related to the leaf spring design. Leaf springs look the same all the way around design wise.

I see they do look similar. I kind of find it hard to believe that Chevrolets with the wood wheels would have had disc brakes back then but not impossible. I cannot find any good pictures online. Thanks

On 4/11/2022 at 8:50 AM, Nick m said:

The rear axle is disc brakes with a split case diff, not one with a cover.

Do you mean disc wheels? Chevrolet used a lot of disc wheels and that looks like one of them to me at the right. I think it is bolted on upside down. Chevrolet used split rear axle cases that looked about like that too.

• Like 1

I’ll take your word for it because I am no expert when it comes to these really old vehicles. The side missing a wheel does look like a disc brake but no brake assembly on the left side of the rear axle.

BEA205E3-0187-4CBD-AC80-DC8E24104F84.jpeg