For Sale: 1940 LINCOLN Continental CONVERTIBLE - $40,000 - Bethalto, ILL - Not Mine

For Sale: 1940 LINCOLN Continental CONVERTIBLE - $40,000 - Bethalto, ILL

1940 LINCOLN CONVERTIBLE - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Car looks to be all original with v-12 engine, car was running and driven less than 2 years ago. I don't know much about these type cars but will be taking it to Montana if not sold by mid-May. The estate that I bought it out of stated the man that owned it had spent over $40,000 on it in the last 10 years. Please make an offer after you look at it and I will get you any inf. I have about the car.
Copy and paste in your email: d9be04ffdecc3f0d8356ea2456fb6a8b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1940 LINCOLN Continental CONVERTIBLE.

'40 LINCOLN CON'tal ILL a.jpg

'40 LINCOLN CON'tal ILL b.jpg

'40 LINCOLN CON'tal ILL c.jpg

'40 LINCOLN CON'tal ILL d.jpg

'40 LINCOLN CON'tal ILL e.jpg

'40 LINCOLN CON'tal ILL f.jpg

Wonder where they spent the 40G.  Looks like a new top and Possible engine rebuild, unless they are including the purchase price of the car.  Paint is an old crappy respray that is looking very long in the tooth.  Seems to be alot of these for sale.  Enough if you had 40 G you could do alot better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46-8 steering wheel and shift knob. (1940 wheels are scarce) 

46-8 radio

1941 grilles

Window cranks off of who know what.

Missing the fender skirts

Alternator (of course) 

It would take a lot the make this one 100% correct and if you didn't, then you would always have a 1940 missing all the rare parts.