1989 TC for Sale

Teke

1989 Chrysler TC Maserati For sale

Located in Longmont, Colorado
Runs and drives, needs some minor TLC (the clear coat isn't in great shape) otherwise the body is in good shape.
Has brand new turbocharger and cylinder head. No accidents, 83k miles, Burgundy exterior and ginger interior. 

Hate to have to let it go, but need to sell relatively soon or I'll have to send it to a junkyard which would break my heart.

Looking to get 3000 for it, but all offers will be considered!

20211203_155955.jpg

20211203_160002.jpg

20211203_160018.jpg

20211203_160028.jpg

20211203_160050.jpg

Edited by Teke
more information (see edit history)

To be honest, this car needs much work to become roadworthy again. Repaint, seats and armrest recovered with new leather, a new Accumulator, and likely so much more that isn't evident.

I would recommend calling Larry Carlson ‭(928) 243-4808‬ / info@tcparts.com and see what he might offer you for this car.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Teke - Seems like the main issues are cosmetic - the clear coat, seats & armrest for example to do not affect the drivability of the car, altho they obviously have an impact on the value.  While the car may well need an accumulator, if your brake pedal, idiot lights and pump are behaving, it may be ok for a while.

It's not a junkyard candidate - to a scrapper the car is worth about $700, meaning they'll offer you a bit less (the cat maybe $200, the wheels $100, the rest of the car $400).   A scrapper could care less about your new turbo & head.  It's also not worth $3,000.  I've noticed that a lot of folks with cars to sell, not just TC owners, set an unrealistic price then scrap the car for a fraction of what they were asking after they get frustrated because no one even looked at the car.

For whatever it's worth - ask a reasonable amount, maybe $1,500, be prepared for lower offers, and take anything with 4 figures - which is a few hundred more than what a scrapper will give you.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 5:52 PM, TC Mike said:

Teke,

Do you still have the Car?  Might be interested.

I see you bought this car in 2022 some time. How much did you fix on it after you got it? I see that you have not yet replaced the Accumulator which is a MAJOR contributor to the ABS brake system failing.

The price you are asking is largely dependent on the repairs you have done so far.