Chrysler Lebaron 2.6. Any Mikuni experts?

ia-k

I have both an '82 and '84 Chrysler Lebaron convertible with the 2.6 Mitsubishi engine and Mikuni carburetor. The carburetor on the '84 was the original one that I sent away recently to get rebuilt due to it leaking fuel. I have one ongoing problem I would like to get fixed since I got it back and reinstalled.

With the '82, when starting cold, the engine runs/idles faster and after a few minutes it slows down as choke comes off and it warms up.

With the '84 it starts fine and but doesn't "idle fast" with the choke on. After 30 or so seconds it will start to bog down/flood and stall due to the engine speed too slow. If I keep the engine running the choke comes off after a few minutes and all other aspects of the carburetor are fine. I have contacted the rebuilder and I think he is misunderstanding my question as the choke itself is working fine. 

Is there a "fast idle" adjustment for when the choke is on to speed the RPMs up so it doesn't bog down and flood?

On this forum, many Chrysler enthusiasts, have many thoughts on the K car LeBarons.

Here is a quote, of course from the internet-

The LeBarons were also noteworthy for their front-wheel drive, which was a first for Chrysler. The model was moved to the Chrysler K platform for the model year, making it about 800 lbs. lighter and about two feet shorter than its predecessor. That gave the LeBarons really good gas mileage for the time (between 25 and 40 mpg) and made them appealing to a wide audience.

But as nice as they were,

11 hours ago, ia-k said:

Is there a "fast idle" adjustment for when the choke is on to speed the RPMs up so it doesn't bog down and flood?

I see you aren't getting a lot of response. I have worked on many of these at the dealership, and it was so long ago that I have no idea. Sorry about that.

The short answer is that every carbureted car with an automatic choke has a fast idle screw or something that acts as a fast idle screw. I suggest getting a service manual and digging in. Close enough isn't close enough. Set everything to factory spec. These were smooth running and highly refined when new.

The longer answer is there are a bunch of other things that could cause it to bog down cold, including but not limited to the choke setting itself and the choke pulloff mechanism. Your carburetor man may not be wrong.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)