dash brake light, seat motor questions

hibdude

Starting to work through some issues with my 1990 coupe.  I applied the emergency brake to jack up the front and change the oil, but after releasing the emergency brake, the dash light for the brake is on.  It seemed to release fine, and the car seems to roll in neutral just fine.  What's the best way to deal with the e-brake light?  Is the switch easy to get at?

Also, my seats move pretty well except for the seat-back tilt.  The seat side switch on the driver side activates the motor in one direction causing it to twitch.  On the passenger side, the seat back twitches in both directions.   So I seem to have power.  I removed the plastic panels on the rear seat bottoms and I can see the mechanisms and feel them try to move. Is this possibly the tilt mechanism, or should I start with the motor?  I'm not sure how to attack this, since I've never worked on an electric seat before.  And I have a service manual on order... :)

-Brian

The parking brake cable under the drivers side rocker panel is a little too loose and is probably sagging a little there. When this happens the pedal does not come back up all the way to close the switch on the pedal assembly. Reach under the car and pull the cable a little while pulling the brake release handle and the pedal will come all the way up and close the switch.

There is an adjustment for the cable at this rocker panel location and the cable can be tightened up there.

I have all seat motor parts available if you determine which piece is bad.

Thanks for the response.  I was able to get the driver seat out and do some diagnostics.  I'm looking at the motor and mechanism to change the seat back angle, and I was able to remove the connecting rod between the two mechanisms  at the hinge points.  After removing the connecting rod, the motor moved freely in both directions.  It looks like the mechanism on the right side of the driver seat next to the motor is stuck.  Does anyone know how to check/test/clean/lube these?  Do they need to be removed to work on them?  Looks like they are riveted together.

20220301_163216.jpg.43e7e0fff66570ee6314a4c0ae598192.jpg