1963 lincoln continental

Lincolnlou

two questions

- I want to put original rims and tires on my 63 lincoln continental convertible ...maybe a little bigger than the original rim. However, i would like to get some white walls that at least two inches..what size rims and tores can i use? where can i find them, i live in Socal.

- is there an all classic lincoln to get parts??

Your Lincoln originally came with 9.50x14 tires, the largest passenger car tire available.  Coker Tire has this tire available.  There is no modern radial crossover size for this large tire.  The closest is for the 9.00x14 which crosses to the euro-metric size 225R14.  This is an 82 series tire.  The P225/75R14 tire is much smaller and lower weight capacity.  It crosses to the 8.55x14 tire.

Contact Lincoln Land in Clearwater, FL for parts or Google for other Lincoln vendors.  There are several.

My understanding is that later 60's and 70's models used 15 inch wheels.  Might be able to find some with Lincoln wheel covers, and also find whitewall radials if desired.  Should be able to find something with similar outside diameter.  Try the Coker or Diamond Back online catalogs.

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2022 at 6:58 PM, abelincoln said:

My understanding is that later 60's and 70's models used 15 inch wheels.  Might be able to find some with Lincoln wheel covers, and also find whitewall radials if desired.  Should be able to find something with similar outside diameter.  Try the Coker or Diamond Back online catalogs.

63 Lincoln ran 14” 64 went up to 15”