Heater Core and Evaporator

shelbyone

well...I should have been told the truth about my heater core - because it leaks and I should have also known better not to buy a TC with a defective heater core...spend too much money on a project TC that turned out to need almost everything replaced...

oh well....here we go..since I did this job once before, I know what awaits...but...which brand would you pick out of the rockauto options here ? ( for BOTH) ( Hemi mentioned that some Evaporator Cores have a very bad fitment issue) 

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 1.01.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 1.01.15 AM.png

5 hours ago, shelbyone said:

so nobody can tell me which brand to avoid????

Unfortunately, NONE of the brands are familiar and they are likely all from CHINA!

After looking at them all, several times, the one with the 'heart' would seem to be a favorite with previous buyers, but that does not guarantee anything as far as longevity. 

Edited by Hemi Dude
Added an additional line. (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Well, at least there are 2 recognizable brands, especially the NAPA one. I think you should be well served by the NAPA heater core, Summit just costs more.

You can't go wrong on either one, I HOPE!   You aren't playing the lottery lately, are you?  I don't think that would work out very well either.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2021 at 4:44 PM, shelbyone said:

and here's the evaporator - also from NAPA...and I suppose that it will be the version that fits flawlessly! is this HEMI approved?

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 3.54.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 3.53.53 PM.png

It looks good to me compared with the one I purchased years ago that didn't fit properly

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

It looks good to me compared with the one I purchased years ago that didn't fit properly

I ordered the heater core and the evaporator today from Napa....just have to get my AC evacuated and start the job, once I get the parts...cant wait to be done with that!

• Like 1