RIP Charlie Watts

deaddds

John Bloom,

Excellent post brother and correct on all points!

With pitch correctors and FX boxes anyone can be a star, or rather, a "manufactured commodity" today.  (great term :lol:).

sing.jpg.1adb725cc9a1e16e976ca26c9bad1dc3.jpg

A large part of the Rolling Stones success was that they were able to change wit the times and keep their music relevant, everyone remember when they released the Some Girls album in 1978? I remember thinking what is with this disco crap, but it sold, and the bottom line is the bottom line. They were a successful business and knew to remain successful they had to change with the times. Steve Jordan was going to be the drummer on this upcoming tour who had worked on other Stones projects as well as with Keith Richards on a few of his solo projects, the show must go on 

The dislike of rap music does not automatically make anyone and an old geezer. The style has been around for some time. Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues has a 'rap' feel and sound to it, just done with a harmonica but not as edgy and urban  I don't care for modern rap either, but I do like the Dylan song. Although the video with Alan Ginsburg in the back round does look rather urban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxjIBEZvx0

Same could be said about Tom Petty's Last Dance for Mary Jane, once you the harmonica it is not edgy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowSGxim_O8

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The Stones were (are) the best  "you can't always get what you want but if you try, some times you just might find you get what you need"  It brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it. Yup, I'm 77

The Moody Blues rank right up there too. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, prewarnut said:

If anyone has Sirius satellite radio, channel 27 is the Stones 24/7 through Labor Day....

Thanks for the heads up on that I will check it out, I wonder Is that because of Charlie's passing or they are pushing the upcoming tour?

I noticed there was another Sirius XM Grateful Dead Channel (on line only), just playing full live shows, two weeks before the Dead and Company summer tour started up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 4:36 PM, prewarnut said:

If anyone has Sirius satellite radio, channel 27 is the Stones 24/7 through Labor Day....

I was listening to it on this past Friday driving down to Virginia to visit my son and his Family. It was back to Deep Tracks on the way home yesterday on XM 27 which is one of my favorite channels is good also

• Like 1