1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 4-Speed BAT Auction

Not a bad looking Trans Am.  Has the w72 Engine which is a critical thing for late Trans Am cars.   Interested in Kerry's opinion.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-pontiac-trans-am-72/

This 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am is finished in black over beige and is powered by a 400ci V8 paired with a four-speed manual transmission.  Features include the WS6 Performance and Handling Package, four-wheel power disc brakes, a rear spoiler, a shaker hood, Trans Am decals and striping, 15″ snowflake wheels, and an Alpine AM/FM/Cassette Stereo. The car was acquired by the current owner in 2016, and maintenance completed in preparation for sale consisted of a fluid service. This Trans Am is offered on dealership consignment with a Delaware title.

The car is finished in black and features a “screaming chicken” hood decal and gold striping. Additional features include front fender vents, quad headlamps, chrome drip rails, a shaker hood, front and rear spoilers, and quad angled exhaust tips.  The seller notes that an area of the left rear quarter panel has been repainted. There is rust on the bottom of the doors.

1979_pontiac_trans_am_1628110431c712edfc

The front end styling beginning in '79 is not my least favorite.  Through the years of production of the 2nd generation Firebirds they became more and more anemic.  My friend had a '77 Formula with the Olds 403 V8 which was a comfortable car but wasn't a very fast especially by todays standards.  I had a '71 Formula 400 with the Pontiac motor and that thing could pull tree stomps out the ground.