Information wanted about small emblem

Mark Wetherbee

1933-35 dash emblems are oval and read PIERCE with the arrow through it.  Possibly a trunk rack emblem, visible when rack is folded.

BTW, "Dixit et fecit" is Latin for "He said it and he did it."  Pronounce 'fecit' FAY-CHIT.  A more polished translation would be "Said and done" or even "Promised and delivered."

9 hours ago, JACK M said:

Grimy, Is it a crank hole cover?

I never looked.

Not at this size.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grimy said:

Possibly a trunk rack emblem, visible when rack is folded.

This seems too small, you think that the same crank hole one they used on the back would have been more visible. Is there a chance it’s from a metal side mounted tire cover? I know Plymouth and Dodge had placed emblems on their tire covers…

Edited by Mark Wetherbee (see edit history)

Thank you Grimy, the collection this came from had some pretty interesting stuff, and this is one of those. If it hadn’t been well marked I would have assumed it a reproduction item, but it is certainly a genuine period emblem and in all the Pierce pictures I can find online it appears in none…

I appreciate any other comments about it!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have confirmed it is a 1933 horn button but I can only find pictures of it on the model series 1247 so far. If anyone is familiar with the 1933 cars I would like to see if it was fitted for other series as well or if it was only for the 1247.

Thanks again for any information you might have!