Visited New AACA Headquarters today

philip roitman

Just wanted to give a big "Thanks" in public to Sue and Laura for making arrangements for us to Visit the beautiful new AACA Headquarters building.

We were in lancaster Pa. doing our own Covered Bridge tour Tuesday through today. Decided yesterday last minute to go to Hershey before we headed home to See the new AACA headquarters building. We called yesterday afternoon and asked if we could come and see the building thinking it might be too busy to wait for October. We were happily accommodated and off we went today. Well worth the drive from Lancaster. The building and Library are beautiful and we are super happy we went. Thanks again Sue and Laura. Everyone was very kind even amid the loads of stuff still needing to be unpacked. We really enjoyed the visit and were happy that we got to visit.  Then went to show the wife the AACA Museum and the story about it. The ride home was good and this was a fantastic way to end our tour of the area. We saw lots of stuff in Lancaster that we saw during the 2017 Gettysburg Founders tour and added over 20 new covered bridges to our list. A good small vacation to one of my favorite places.

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

IMG_1710.jpeg

IMG_1718.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

IMG_1724.jpeg

IMG_1737.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks Great! May have to make a trip before the fall meet.  I just got back from our trek through LANCO myself about 2 hrs ago.  Found a neat old covered bridge just north of New Holland, Blue Ball area. On a back road, no idea of the name off hand. It has seen better days though. My county of Cecil in MD, just below Lancaster co. has a couple. One was restored beautifully a few years ago. Gilpin Falls Covered Bridge.

• Like 1