1930 American Austin Coupe for sale, NY

I know a bit more about the history of this car.  Bill Lloyd purchased it from my father, Gordon Smith of Orillia, Ontario.  It was unrestored at the time, not running and missing a couple of things including the gas tank.  Dad bought it from a farmer in the Holland Marsh, a market gardening area north of Toronto.  One day when he was driving up Highway 400, Dad spotted the little Austin sitting outside the owner's farmhouse, got off the highway, and negotiated a purchase.  At the time, Dad had about 40 cars, plus a fleet of steam engines and tractors.  The Austin never made it to the top of the priority list for any attention.  When Dad was scaling down his collection, Bill Lloyd bought the Austin and a 1935 Chevrolet sedan and restored them both.  If the new owner, or the vendor, wants a picture of the car when Dad owned it, let me know and I will send a digital file.  Thanks for giving me a nice little trip down memory lane.  John Smith, Oro-Medonte, (near Orillia), Ontario.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the amazing reply!  I have been wondering about the history of this car since buying it.  The previous owner had misplaced the paperwork showing that it came from Canada originally, so it is really exciting to learn more about the car’s origins.  Any photos and information would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you again so much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...