Led conversion

Mattml430

Removing the complete light there will be a nut on the inside of the cowl under the dash on the light thread post. 
Removing the bulb on the victory cowl lights you pull the bulb holder out from the bottom of the lamp 

12 hours ago, motherdeuce said:

How do.you remove the small,lights behind the hood

On a 1931 DB there is a nut under the cowl holding the cowl lamp on.

post-81542-0-47070900-1452447679.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Matt, i made up adaptors to be able to fit H4 headlamps in behind the glass on my 23.    Not all LED headlamp bulbs are up to the task. Most are rubbish,   I ended up getting 2 5000 lumin bulbs from Pau Goff in England.  They work well, and because they are fitted into the correct lamps, they are legal.

http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffyWhyNotLEDs.htm

I ended up using the daylighter H4 bulb,

You need to choose a bulb designed for you headlamp unit.   In my case, it was easy to fit the H4 units into my original head lamp housings, and behind  the original glass 

20230413_095516.jpg

20230413_095532.jpg

Edited by cutdown (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cutdown said:

Hi Matt, i made up adaptors to be able to fit H4 headlamps in behind the glass on my 23.    Not all LED headlamp bulbs are up to the task. Most are rubbish,   I ended up getting 2 5000 lumin bulbs from Pau Goff in England.  They work well, and because they are fitted into the correct lamps, they are legal.

http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffyWhyNotLEDs.htm

I ended up using the daylighter H4 bulb,

You need to choose a bulb designed for you headlamp unit.   In my case, it was easy to fit the H4 units into my original head lamp housings, and behind  the original glass 

20230413_095516.jpg

20230413_095532.jpg

They look like they will work well.