Chocolate Field

Jim Dix

Guest 57 pontiac

Hey ,what about the green field. I heard that there was a problem in getting permits and that is why nothing was started the week of the show. Anyone have any update on that ?<BR>When you say paving the choc, field, do you mean the roadway in the field or all of it ?

That's what it looks like; A Chocolate field!<BR> I was over there earlier today. Anyone who was there at the Hershey Show two weeks ago would not recognize the field. Two thirds of the field has been stripped. Rows C-A to about C-H, are still there as of now. There's a mountain of top soil 20 to 30 ft. high all along the the outter edge of the field on the Green Field side. Green Field is under way also, but not as torn up as Chocolate. At the rate they're going in the Chocolate Field, it will be done soon.<P> Rumor has it, that they will be making the Yellow Field a Swamp Buggie Race Track!<P> (Only joking!)<P> Rick

The site work has started however the underground site lighting and electric and telephone duct banks are going out for bid soon. There are major changes planned including new roadways and traffic patterns into the parking lots. There will also be a new tram road with a station and restrooms. New pole lighting will replace all the existing fixtures. I would not expect much if any paving until the spring.