SES and codes

My SES light is coming on oaccasionally and I'm getting codes: E027c and E028c. I've searched for posts -I know they're out there but can't find. Any help would be appreciated. Also noticed slight drop in gas mileage.

thanks in advance,

curt

Transmission is mechanical, ecept for the TCC it receives no inputs from the ECM. The signals are generated by switch closures in the trans. Most likely the connector on the trans has worked loose or corroded. Without the signals the TCC will not lock up and milage over 45 mph will be affected.

Thanks Harry and Padgett, Funny thing, the trans does acheive lockup and seems to work as normal. I didn't get any ses light today on the way to work so I agree with a loose or corroded connector and intermmitant signal. I'll crawl under tomorrow and clean it. Thanks much for steering me in the right direction.

curt

Hokay, generally you get the codes if there is a mismatch - two gears at the same time. Since you are getting lockup, I would look for a short in the 4th gear line making it think it is always in 4th. That way if it gets a 2nd or 3rd signal simultaneously you will get a code. Would check the connector on the tranny and the wires around the connector first.

You don't have to crawl under it to get to the connection. It is at the top front of the transaxle and is a round 5 or 6 pin connector. If I remember right, it points straight forward. The wiring to the switches in the transaxle wraps around the top and rear, but the connection to the ECM is at the front.

Thanks Harry for explaining the codes, Padgett for the detailed diagnostic and Hal for saving me a dirty back. I cleaned the connector and checked wires (all okay) -the connector wasn't seated all the way and dirty. I stand corrected, Padgett. I was not achieving lockup all the time; only when connector made contact -thanks. Now, all my codes are History.

curt