trim removal question

RIVNIK

Greetings!  Recently a carelessly placed buffer slid off the roof of the '65 and dented the quarter window reveal molding on it's way down. Let's say my wife left it there,OK?  'nuff said... In my imagination the molding pops right off w a plastic trim tool, but the Fisher Body Manual says it is attached by screws & removing it requires removing the quarter window assembly. If true, WAAA. I assume they mean unbolting window assembly & letting it drop down to access the screws. Is this true?   & does that molding have a lip on the inside like the vent window reveal molding? because that will seriously hinder tapping out this ding.  & is the quarter glass as hard to adjust as I've heard it is? Any helpful tips on that? Thanks guys.    Drew

58 minutes ago, RIVNIK said:

Greetings!  Recently a carelessly placed buffer slid off the roof of the '65 and dented the quarter window reveal molding on it's way down. Let's say my wife left it there,OK?  'nuff said... In my imagination the molding pops right off w a plastic trim tool, but the Fisher Body Manual says it is attached by screws & removing it requires removing the quarter window assembly. If true, WAAA. I assume they mean unbolting window assembly & letting it drop down to access the screws. Is this true?   & does that molding have a lip on the inside like the vent window reveal molding? because that will seriously hinder tapping out this ding.  & is the quarter glass as hard to adjust as I've heard it is? Any helpful tips on that? Thanks guys.    Drew

Drew,

I replaced the weatherstrip on my car 3 or 4 years ago and I know that I did not remove the window assembly to access the screws to remove that outer beltline piece. I did both sides so I believe I had the interior quarter panel armrest and upper interior quarter panel pieces removed at that time as well. I am thinking that with those pieces removed I was able to get the screws out fairly easily. That will also give you access to the window adjustments which may help with getting the window out of the way. Make sure when you put the screws back in, you get them in as far as you can as they can scratch the leading edge chrome and/or the window if not in all of the way.

Bill

Edited by Riviera63 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Riviera63 said:

Drew,

I replaced the weatherstrip on my car 3 or 4 years ago and I know that I did not remove the window assembly to access the screws to remove that outer beltline piece. I did both sides so I believe I had the interior quarter panel armrest and upper interior quarter panel pieces removed at that time as well. I am thinking that with those pieces removed I was able to get the screws out fairly easily. That will also give you access to the window adjustments which may help with getting the window out of the way. Make sure when you put the screws back in, you get them in as far as you can as they can scratch the leading edge chrome and/or the window if not in all of the way.

Bill

Agree with Bill. The inner trim panel needs to come out. There are two screws, one near the front and one near the back embedded in the fuzzy. My were rusted bad, and i had to drill the rear one out.