screws/bolts

If you have an existing fastener or know the size and thread pitch a good quality bolt supplier should have it. 
Common fasteners can often be sourced at a local home improvement store in the hardware section. 

Unusual sizes and specialty fasteners are usually found at an automotive bolt supplier. Not sure of what companies are in your country or local area. Any auto service shop near you should be able to help you find someone. Good luck! 

Bob, I think Herman has a Studebaker, an imperial car, in a metric country. The hardware shops won't be able to help him much there. I suspect he is reaching out to you car guys in the US.

52 minutes ago, Bush Mechanic said:

Bob, I think Herman has a Studebaker, an imperial car, in a metric country. The hardware shops won't be able to help him much there. I suspect he is reaching out to you car guys in the US.

Yeah, I saw he was out of country but wasn’t thinking that while we use both metric and imperial, they don’t. Hopefully he can find a supplier that will ship overseas and get the project together without too much aggravation! 

Edited by BobinVirginia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Most of the continent has been metric since Napoleon forced its introduction throughout the French Empire...but he may be able to fond a supplier in the UK and that might be faster than the US.

• Like 1