Fuel Level sending units? 1957 Cadillac

The1957Mechanic

Unless they are replacement units made in the last 30 years I think they are for a much later application.  57 Caddy I think had a brass if not cork float.  The plating also has a much newer look than the plating used in that era.  No clues otherwise as to what they fit.  They probably don't have a number printed or stamped into them do they? 

16 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Unless they are replacement units made in the last 30 years I think they are for a much later application.  57 Caddy I think had a brass if not cork float.  The plating also has a much newer look than the plating used in that era.  No clues otherwise as to what they fit.  They probably don't have a number printed or stamped into them do they? 

No they do not have any numbers on them. If they are newer replacement parts does that make them even worth selling? 

We threw away the only one with a cork float unfortunately 😕

Fuel sending units work in the worst of environments, they corrode and rust quickly.  

These are all modern reproductions made to replace an unobtainum original.  (using modern materials)

I dont recognize the applications but I have installed many of the same type of manufacture to fix my fuel gauges. 

The ones with two tubes are for a fuel return line. Typically these were on late 50s - 60s air conditioned type cars - Cad & Lincoln. 

Dont dispose of them, put them out and the person who needs one will recognize it. 

I worked at AC Spark Plug and made fuel tank sending units in the early 70's.  I do not recognize them as a GM product. The rheostat cover does not have any markings and I think GM OEM parts did.  The black float is similar to what was used in that time period and had different shapes.  The white float I never remember seeing that part.  Could be aftermarket parts also.