1932 Peerless Master 8 sedan

mikewest

Jeff, I dont remember if I every sent you a picture of the 32 I restored. I painted the car Studebaker Black cherry.  This car sat in a barn with a 27 Peerless  6 cyl sedan also thats now in the Norwich NY museum. When I restored the 32 , I went to Sanford Florida and bought a 31 Master 8 sedan for the fenders. They were cherry and mine were hammered. The remains of the 31 is still here in town rebuilt as a rest-o-rod. 

1932 Peerless Master 8.jpeg

• Like 1

Mike -- Thanks a lot for the photograph. Someone in South Carolina bought both it and a 1929 Six-61 from the same Bay Area owner last year...but have never been able to divine who. Do you know that of all the Peerless straight 8s from 1930, 1931, & 1932, there are only about 28 known survivors out of almost 4,000 built? Makes Packard, Pierce, and even Duesenberg straight 8s a-dime-a-dozen.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

On 3/18/2021 at 11:51 PM, jeff_a said:

Mike -- Thanks a lot for the photograph. Someone in South Carolina bought both it and a 1929 Six-61 from the same Bay Area owner last year...but have never been able to divine who. Do you know that of all the Peerless straight 8s from 1930, 1931, & 1932, there are only about 28 known survivors out of almost 4,000 built? Makes Packard, Pierce, and even Duesenberg straight 8s a-dime-a-dozen.

Someone in SC bought what? My 32  that went to Calf? or the restorod from my area? 

22 hours ago, jeff_a said:

Your 1932. Peerless Electric got bought out or something, and the '29 and '32 they had were advertised for sale, and were purchased about a year ago.

Interesting.... How much was he asking for my car?? Im curious. So you dont have the currect owners address? The first buyer bought the Continental 12K  that came from the 1931 I parted out. 

20 hours ago, mikewest said:

Thanks Jeff for the picture of my 1932 Peerless Master 8 I restored around 1990. The body color looked almost black in low light. When I bought the car it was all black. Back in the day... I painted everything  2  shades  of red or maroon. 

my 1932 Peerless.png

• Like 2

I gather that my PM went through and you were able to contact the person in South Carolina who's studied Peerless quite a bit in the last year. Did you catch that the buyer, still a mystery to me, not only bought the restored 1929 6-61 and the '32 Model "B" Peerless, but that nice '26 6-80 boattail roadster that was on BAT for some time? If alsancle had heard about the one above he may have picked it up quicker than Larry Bird could pick up a missed shot.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Jeff Thanks for the picture . I have not contacted that man yet. I will in the next week. I think this car is as sharp looking as a any I have fixed. The colors just seem to  work together. When Im picking 2 tone colors I always try to pick two in the same color plain.  Just to clarify, the dark cherry on the body and the wine color are both the same color , just one darker than the other.  I have a automotive  paint  color fan from a high end paint store  and I use  2 colors on the same spectrum from light to dark. 

• Like 1