1953 Dodge Meadowbrook

Crisjr14

Hello. There is an old salvage yard in my part of the world, about an hour+ from my home. I have promised myself to visit there again soon, BEFORE mosquito, tick, and wasp season sets in. Right now there is too much snow on the ground, but I'll go when a decent cool-weather day presents itself. 

There are LOTS of cars of this vintage in that old yard, and while we're right in the middle of the rust-belt, the mechanical parts are usually still ok. I'll check back on this thread before I go, to see if you still haven't found one, and want me to see if there is a Dodge like yours there. 

What part of the country are you located in? I'm in Ohio. 

Lump, well thank you I appreciate it and if you dont mind me asking what's the name of that salvage yard so maybe I can do a little searching from my end and I totally understand about the weather as I am in Kelso, WA where we are expecting at least a foot of snow tonight it's starting to get ugly over here as well 

The yard is not likely to be internet friendly, at all. But you can find a few photos from there in the "Junkyards" forum here among the other AACA forums. It is Warner's, of London, Ohio. 

If you call them, keep in mind that the owner is very, very strong in his faith. Use polite language, etc. 

We currently have 8 or 9 inches of snow on the ground, which has partially melted and then refrozen repeatedly. And, we expect lots more snow next week. It will be a few weeks before I can go there, I'll bet. 

Good luck. 

PS: I'm still not used to the fact that we don't get notifications if someone replies to our classifieds on this forum, unlike the rest of the AACA forums. So I have to remind myself to check back now and then. You are welcome to use my personal email address for correspondence: wirth4@aol.com. Just be sure to use a car-related subject line, as I get SO many spam messages that I have become ruthless with my delete button. Just mention 53 Dodge, or whatever. 

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, lump said:

PS: I'm still not used to the fact that we don't get notifications if someone replies to our classifieds on this forum, unlike the rest of the AACA forums.

Wait, what?!! I didn't know that. Does Peter know that?

2 hours ago, Bloo said:

Wait, what?!! I didn't know that. Does Peter know that?

It does seem to be the case, Bloo. Whenever I make a post or comment on AACA forums and then someone replies, I get a notice as soon as I next visit the forum. But that doesn't happen with classified ads that I have posted, or that I have responded to. 

• Like 1