CRT Controller

K Howie

My 89's CRT began vertically scrolling out of control....I couldn't fix it so I sent it to DSS. The repair worked for 3 weeks, then began scrolling again. I sent it back to DSS for another look and they called and said that it didn't scroll at all for them so it may be my CRT controller. DSS said that they do not fix those, though. Who does? Or, is it something I'm better off just replacing? Anyone know where I can get a good one? Thank you!

Easy to find out which electronic module is bad. Just swap out the CRT and if that doesn't do it, replace the CRT with the origional and swap out the CRT Controller.

Any Reatta owner that likes to tinker with their Reatta should have an extra of each electronic module.

I have from one to three of most everything electronic used in a Reatta. Instrument Clusters, Computers, Radios, CRT Controllers, ABS Computers, etc. can be purchased from U Pull It type junk yards for about $10-$50 each. Or buy a parts car. I did. You can't have enough spare Reatta parts. smile.gifsmile.gif

Guest kennyw

thanks Padgett for the pictures. One day i will learn how to do it. Now I can take the pix. to the bone yard when picking parts.....thanks......ken

Thanks to all y'all for your advice! I will get back to Harry about that controller when I get my CRT back from DSS. I received a private message from a Reatta club member who said that the problem is probably the controller <span style="font-style: italic">inside</span> the CRT and that DSS may not want to fool with that. Could be the case but the guy at DSS said that he had my CRT up on the bench for 6 hours and it never flipped for him. This is frustrating! Anyway, I'll put it back in the car and see what happens.....