Bishop , McCormick & Bishop, Inc. - long island , NY dealer

Walt G

Bishop, McCormick & Bishop were located in Brooklyn , NY as well as Mineola, NY selling Dodge cars. They had an advertising campaign of direct mail to several groups of people and letters were composed and sent out by the firms principal managers . Burton Bishop was sales manager in the 1917-1921 era, and Charles Bishop was General Manager. The letter heads were beautiful, some illustrated with a photo some with artwork. on the dealer copies I have of 8 letters that were sent out it notes in pencil how many copies were sent out of that particular letter to generate sales. this particular letter notes that 3,000 copies of the letter were sent out!

Dodgeletter1921001.jpg

Edited by Walt G
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Walt, this is similar to the letters the DBC has. They are on my list to scan IF I can ever get back to AACA library, they are still shut down. They have gotten a large shipment from Philadelphia and are sorting. I love the artwork on these letters. As we know, they are propaganda. I have found in letters from DB to dealers that a price is set by DB for used car tradeins. That if they dealer allowed more for the tradein, especially Ford, that it was completely on the dealer. There were Saturday night reports due every week with prices and tradein quantity. SO their comment of keeping your car serviced will get you a better deal come tradein time might not be true. DB supported their dealers through thick and thin as long as they followed instructions.