For Sale: 1959 Edsel Ranger sedan - $5,000 - Wilkesboro, NC - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price, Feb '21

For Sale: 1959 Edsel Ranger sedan - $5,000 - Wilkesboro, NC - Still Available, Same Price, Feb '21, see link below.

1959 edsel ranger - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

1959 Edsel Ranger four door sedan, project, nice clean interior, all gauges and lights work as they should original, motor and transmission was 292 and a Ford-o-matic two speed, now has 1963 352 and Cruise-o-matic, disc brake conversion on front, new tires and rims, new dual exhaust, still needs a little work to be done, runs and drives, call with questions

Copy and paste in your email:  2c0939d299c632f4a0f6ebe86aeb0687@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1959 Edsel Ranger sedan.

'59 Edsel Ranger SC a.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger SC b.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger SC c.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger SC d.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger SC e.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger SC f.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger SC g.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger SC h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Changed state to NC, - Still Available, Same Price, Feb '21 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

For Sale: 1959 Edsel Ranger sedan - $5,000 - Wilkesboro, SC

new...rims....still needs a little work to be done

Too bad the owner who made that decision  couldn't have put the cost of new rims towards some of the "little work" that needs to be done.

😄

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)

3 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

was 292 and a Ford-o-matic two speed, now has 1963 352 and Cruise-o-matic, (3 speed)  still needs a little work to be done,

I have seen this done before. It can lead to problems down the line. 

The 2 speed trans is P R N D L  (5 positions)

The 3 speed trans is P R N D D L (6 positions) 

Rarely is the steering column changed (which adds the correct detentes) So when you put the lever into the single "D" position of the 2 speed column, you are not really in either (or maybe both) of the "D-D" positions of the valve body in the 3 speed transmission. (the D1 and D2 positions start out in EITHER first OR second gear) This affects which band/clutches are applied and because you are not really in one or the other, increases the wear on them. 

Of course the results of this wear may not be experience for a while and later on nobody can figure out why the 3 speed transmissions keep going bad. 

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Edsel Ranger sedan - $5,000 - Wilkesboro, NC - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price, Feb '21