1969 F100 for sale on BaT

Here's another one I don't understand.  A chopped-up F100 already bid to $75k, with 7 hours to go.  Compare that to an original 1959 Vette in very nice condition, which sold yesterday for $53k.  As Mr. Spock would say to Capt. Kirk, "Highly illogical."

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-ford-f-100-20/

Edited by George Cole (see edit history)

They're getting crazy money for these trucks that are basically a vintage shell on top of a newly-built vehicle. Sure, they drive like modern trucks, but for half the money you get can an actual modern truck, and with the hot motors you can get nowadays, are no slouches.

The latest flavor of the month for the "I need to pay way too much for my vehicle" set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suchan said:

They're getting crazy money for these trucks that are basically a vintage shell on top of a newly-built vehicle. Sure, they drive like modern trucks, but for half the money you get can an actual modern truck, and with the hot motors you can get nowadays, are no slouches.

The latest flavor of the month for the "I need to pay way too much for my vehicle" set.

It might be what some do with a late model that has a salvage title.  Clean up a rust-bucket body with a clear title and slap it on something's that been underwater, rolled, or otherwise destroyed.