Help identify Grandpa's Car ?

fjoest@gmail.com

4 minutes ago, oldcarfudd said:

I thought Holsmans were all tiller-steered.  Air-cooled IHC, maybe?

You are probably correct. I was going by what it said under the photo on the site I got it from. I would not be surprised if the title is wrong.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thanks for the info.   From the photos, I think "Grandpas Car" is the same builder as the car that Keiser31 posted a photo of.

With that lead- I found the Holsman Car Site - and as noted by oldcarfudd, all Holsman vehicles were tiller steered.

So far, I haven't found any real info for International or IHC.

I asked "Google" about   Harvester Auto Buggy  and this is what I found.  This looks like a pretty good match to "Grandpa's car.

I guess it was made between 1907 & 1911.

Thanks everyone -  Now we know what my wifes mother was tooling around town in.  (She is the one in randma's lap).

Fred J.

Auto Buggy[edit]

220px-International_Torpedo_1.JPG

Auto Buggy

Supplied with a pair of bench seats to carry four passengers it was powered by an engine set beneath the car's body, a two-cylinder horizontally opposed air cooled design that produced 18-20 horsepower. It had two forward gears and one reverse gear with a chain drive system to the large "high-wheel" wagon-style rubber-shod wheels at the back.[2] Its high wheels and wide stance gave it the stability and ground clearance to cope with poor roads. Accessories such as a canvas top were optional.[1]

Buyers found it tough and reliable. The many widespread International Harvester dealers made service easy to find.[1]

The Buggy was considered a car and in 1912 when IHC decided to stick just with trucks it was dropped.[1]