Original Vapor line as vapor return line? 79 Thunderbird

gongzhen2015

car is 79 thunderbird.

using all stock things including emission controls.

EGR valve is new, no vacuum leak.

Last time when driving off the high way, it bogged and then died all the side of the road for 2 hrs then able to start

Was thinking if it is vapor lock, cause the fuel line was still original steel fuel line running between distributor, mechanical fuel pump.

Just installed a fuel pump yesterday right under the fuel tank, and use the original fuel line to reach the engine compartment, then uses a shielded rubber fuel line to route away from all the heat source then with a 3 port style fuel filter then enter the cab.

My question is, the 79 thunderbird have a original Vapor line build in which connectes to cronal canister which i already throw them away. and the vapor line is connects to the third port on the filter (i know the size of that line is small, but can it be use as a vapor return line/ or maybe fuel return line?)

And the port above the fuel bowl which used to connect to the canister, i just leave it open or use a fuel line to route it away from engine?

Plus, the fuel pump  is hard reach which i need to take out the power steeing pump, is it ok just to left it there and just capped both side?(it is a 2 port pump) with the port open it makes a funny noise..

And a bit more other stuff, the car is pretty much not cooling well with the original radiator.(stock fan and shroud), is it better to replace the radiator to some aluminum one? Really want to have a digital water temp gauge, but for the current one, it reads to the Letter A within the NORMAL( still in the normal range tho) when idling at 800 rpm. Any electric fan needed?

With the small inline fuel pump for only 5-7 psi, is ok to use rubber fuel line with the original steel fuel line( the long one under the car), or still have to replace to some silver braided fuel lines? Benefit if i want to go EFI in the future? Thanks

Never cap a bowl vent on a carburetor.

Use 30R9 rubber hose and fuel injection style clamps for any parts of the fuel system that will remain rubber. Metal lines should have a swelled spot or a barb so that a clamped hose cannot possibly fall off.

Beyond that, I'm not sure.