1959 Edsel Ranger sedan - $4500 - Kansas City , KS - Note Mine

1959 Edsel Ranger sedan - $4500 - Kansas City , KS 

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/kansas-city-1959-ford-edsel-ranger-aqua/7159436052.html

292 Engine, New dual exhaust, Brakes, Wheel cylinder, Master cylinder, Tires, Motor overhaul, New battery, New trunk carpet, New floor mats, New rubber mats, Front end alignment, No rust, $4,500 OBO

Contact: Jack (Click 'show phone number' yourself if interested)

Copy and paste in your email: 101efeb007cd30a0a422895beb4907d3@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1959 Edsel Ranger sedan.

'59 Edsel Ranger KS a.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS b.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS c.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS d.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS e.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS f.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS g.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS h.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS i.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS j.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like the grey one next to it is up for the same price.  I kinda prefer the real and the rear skirts.  But you could have his and hers (or hers/hers his/his) edsel pair for under 10k!

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/kansas-city-1959-ford-edsel-ranger-grey/7159441390.html

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)

55 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

That sounds like a steal for and entry level car.  On cruise in nights you'll probably be the only edsel!  It says auto trans....weren't 59 edsels push button?  I see a lever on the column.

Only the 1958 Edsel had Tele-Touch push button transmission selector.  It was deleted from the features on the reduced and rationalized 1959 Edsel Ranger and Corsairs.  

Since its the same seller, might as well add the photos of the gray Edsel too.

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray a.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray aa.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray b.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray c.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray d.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray e.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray f.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray g.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray i.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray j.jpg

'59 Edsel Ranger KS gray k.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Same seller, added photos of gray '59 Edsel (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

I'm surprised that '59 Edsel didn't show up in the search I did.  I wondered if it was also for sale.  Looks like a good value for an even better price.

Seriously if one of these was hardtop or manual transmission I'd be singing " I'm gone to, Kansas city, kansas city here I come".

29 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

Seriously if one of these was hardtop or manual transmission I'd be singing " I'm gone to, Kansas city, kansas city here I come".

Why deny yourself the enjoyment one of these '59 Edsels would deliver simply because neither is a hardtop or manual shift.  Think of it, for $8,500 you could have two '59 Edsels!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Why deny yourself the enjoyment one of these '59 Edsels would deliver simply because neither is a hardtop or manual shift.  Think of it, for $8,500 you could have two '59 Edsels!

I've just always four door sedans and for once in my life I have just a little tiny bit more money the capacity get me something different.  And manuals are just fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Only the 1958 Edsel had Tele-Touch push button transmission selector.  It was deleted from the features on the reduced and rationalized 1959 Edsel Ranger and Corsairs.  

FoMoCo was conserving costs on the (soon to be gone) 1959 Edsel.

You will notice the 'star' pattern cloth on the seats. This was taken from the 1957 Mercury parts bin. It is not clear whether there was that much 57 Mercury cloth left over? or since they had already paid for the set up on the loom, it was cheaper to have more made. 

Eventually they installed Edsel cloth (with little horse collars) later in the year. And on more than a few cars it was installed up side down(!) Things were not good over at the Edsel division . . . 

• Like 1