Interior Materials

Phil Wimbish

Greetings,

Is anyone out there making prefab headliners or other interior parts in original materials?  Alternatively, who supplies original  fabric appropriate for my ‘38 Coupe ?  I would like to know the specific color and fabric for the headliner and also carpeting materials.

any help would be appreciated!  

Thanks and stay well!

Phil Wimbish

’38 Barnfind 3- window Coupe

When I did my 40 Mercury, I used a firm from CA that advertised in Hemmings. I cannot find their information, but when I Google headliner for 1938 Lincoln Zephyr, I get several hits. I suggest that you do the Google and call and discuss your needs with several of the vendors, then pick the one that you are most comfortable dealing with.

The color seems to be a tan or taupe color.

Hi Phil,  Many fabrics were never reproduced and no longer available, so often can only pick something close. With LeBaron out of business, two other I am aware of: 1)  SMS Fabrics in Canby, Oregon; never used them, may in future, know one owner with 39 sedan satisfied with them.  2) After Jim Roll passing and a great reputation esp for Continentals, his son Jan was reupholstering V12 Lincolns last I heard- in New Philadelphia OH; can ask if he will sell just the material separate, without doing install?  Good Luck, Paul