Woods structure

Battaglia

Battaglia, 

Hi, Attached is a link to my wood assembly file for my 1925 Buick Standard.  I made these files several years ago, but never took the time to convert the files so that I could post them.   If you look thru my files it should explain how the 2 rear cross members are attached to the frame.  

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/276054-1924-to-1927-buick-standard-touring-wood-drawings-and-assembly/

All frame attachment - each frame resting place uses a reinforced rubber mounting pad between the frame and the wood.  All the pads are the same except the rear board pads are longer.  They did use 1/4" wood shims in a few locations.   

The first photo posting shows the 3rd, 4th, and last cross bar from the underside of the board.  The second photo shows a side view of how the sill elevation was assembled to raise up over the back axle.  These are the last 3 cross members.  

On my car, the rear frame goes straight back after rising up for the rear axle.  It looks like your car drops backs down, so a little different.  It looks like you have a good start on putting the wood frame back together.  

I have information on where to purchase the reinforced rubber. 

This shows some of the body assembly as well

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/320637-tar-strips-under-aprons-and-hood-sill/?tab=comments#comment-1831060

What year is your Buick? 

Hugh

1447238589_Wood1-3-6.thumb.JPG.e6e9595dfb9015d14acb684a243a30b5.JPG291057751_Wood1-3-10.thumb.JPG.66377f12380d5b2f0a865aa4dc6fc012.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Battaglia,

I have a 1934 Buick 66C that was restored 2008 to 2013.  The restoration included replacing all the wood.   I have a few photos though I don't know if they will help you with your 1394 model 67.   A few years ago, I posted some of them on Flickr.com.   If you go to that website and search "1934 Buick 66C", you should find several photos of the woodwork. I think I have more too - actual paper photographs.  If you think it might be helpful, I could go through them and take e-photos of them and post them on Flickr. 

Good luck with your project.  

Mart S.

Northbrook, IL (near Chicago)