Replacing Paded Partion of Dash 1923 Hudson

rhurst

Does anyone have any experience changing out the padded portion of the dash above the instrument panel? Here is a photo of the dash with the wood exposed.  It looks like they used some sort of insulation glued to the leather material then it was nailed on the bottom.  No doubt before the metal part of the dash was added.  I have loosed the attachment to the metal dash and can slide my new material in between. Thinking about gluing the insulation to the wood then stretching my leather material around the
Bottom and nail or stapling to the wood on the backside of dash. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Robert

bottom and nailing or stapl1003767402_HudsonDashwoodexposed.thumb.JPG.b8c4e494ba554035e30e936398bc8d0d.JPGing behind the dash. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Robert

You are right that is true for a number of the gauges but not the speedometer.  I did get the front plate off just had

to go some gentle prying.  There are two screws on the back of the speedometer I may try unscrewing them and see

what happens..........

Robert