1933 Rockne 10 "butterfly" type hood hinge fix?

I have to assume others have had to deal with this in the past and am hoping for some direction, suggestions and/or advice.

The center chromed strip on these, what I would call "butterfly type" hoods, IS the hinge! Studebaker part #1240XW

It is held at each end by a "SUPPORT"; part #255317.

The "support" needs to have two small ears or tabs that fit in to the end of the chromed hinge strip. The tabbed part appears to have been machined and somehow riveted to the support assembly.

As you can see from my photos, my front support has broken both its tabs, while the rear support still retains only one.

In addition, because of this, the anterior end of the chromed hinge has developed a split, and a bit of a twist.

This is an all original driver, not a show car. I'm not concerned with re-chroming the hinge strip, and believe some fine welding can fix the hinge itself. But I WOULD like to get it back to original function., and that requires replacing those broken supports.  Might an experienced welder be able to simply add some metal to rebuild those tabs?

As it is, I can only lay one side of the hood flat at a time, rather than propping it open, unless I lift the whole assembly completely off. PITA!😬

Any thoughts?

P6140945.JPG

P6140942.JPG

P6140947.JPG

P6140950.JPG

P6140949.JPG

001.jpg

Edited by starlightcoupe (see edit history)