Which hub is 1965 ?

arnulfo de l.a.

You'll notice however that the holes in the brake drums are the same size.  The 63/64 hub will fit snugly in the drum, but the 65 hub is held in place by the rivets and the wheel studs because there's gap between the hub and the hole in the drum.

I'm thinking you are referring to the collar that is closet to the mounting face of the hub.The 63,64  one is much wider than the 65 one and  protrudes about 1/4 " from the outside face of the drum. That collar prevented my adapters from fully seating against the outside face of the drum. If you look closely I started to try to machine them down on my lathe. But then I took a look at the extra pair of drums I had purchased years ago and was pleasantly surprised to see my hub centric adapters fit perfectly. Apparently the previous owner of my car had switched out the original drums for some 63,64 ones. Unfortunately the extra 65 drums are not useable due deep grooves on the shoe contact surfaces which is why I am swapping out the hubs. Thanks for the info Ed!