Fender skirts

detroitsoul

I haven’t messed with these in awhile because there are holes at the front of both wheel wells where the main latches go in.  The right side has an adjustable lug nut to activate the latch.  The left side seems to be missing.  I would like to purchase it eventually.  Can I buy metal for patching holes in the body?  Chris at Boos-Herrell is who I get most of my parts from.  I didn’t see this or the left lug nut for the fender skirt.

I bought from Alan Whelihan at a parts swap - very nice; never checked Chris, he may have too.  I think polished SS, but looks like chrome. Two different types depending on year.  Need P/N or know if yours have the shorter or longer square shaft. Paul2134616695_FenderSkirtbolts.thumb.jpg.d51193d083a9245144f6c37223ca1a22.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting points. The last '41 I owned had what looked like swivel lock covers that swung out of the way to reveal the square mechanism. I always accessed them from behind and the mechanism worked just fine..? My new '41 is missing both sides and just has exterior holes but the mechanism behind is intact and functioning. I didn't ever think it would be a problem sourcing replacements or repops? I assumed the all '41 Lincolns used the same mechanisms and thus covers.

Brad

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have trouble getting the skirts on my '41 Continental back on.  I hook the forward hook, then struggle to get the 2 studs into their slots, then try to turn the rear hook.  I know which way to turn the hook.  The problem is getting both studs into their slots at the same time, and then getting the rear hook lined up with its slot so that when I turn the skirt nut the proper counter-intuitive direction, the hook finds its slot while the studs remain in their slots.  I just spent an hour failing at this. even with a rubber mallet.  I bet no member of Henry's extended family ever had to do this.

Are there some hints?