1928 chevrolet capitol 4 door Convertible

Ken leane

Personally I do not understand what parts you are looking for. I have a 28 Chevrolet open car I am working on. First place is the car you are working on a cabriolet, a roadster, or a touring. All 3 could be considered convertible. The only one that may be considered having curved corners would be the cabriolet with the landau bars that guide the top.

My best guess is that we're discussing what most would call a TOURING CAR - 4-doors and a canvas roof !

The poster mat be looking for the curved edges for the three (3) wooden bows for the top - 

but I believe the wood bows may each be "STEAM-BENT" and not with curved left and right segments

Also, the 1928 Chevrolet is Model AB,

and is known as the "NATIONAL" or "NATIONAL AB"

The 1927 is a "CAPITOL AA"

The progression continues with 1929 as the "AC",

and so on...

The 1932 is the "CONFEDERATE"

• Thanks 1

Marty you are right in both instances. The bows are steam bent, and the 28 is an AB model. I have heard some people have contacted an Amish fellow to bend some bows. My roadster irons needed some serious work so I sent them down to John Bouranakis (sp?) in Dairy CA. I believe my irons are from 1926 but they should be fine for my project. It was fairly expensive.