1946 Lincoln Pace Car

tbenvie

I am researching the various Indy 500 Pace Cars trying to dispel the many facts and myths associated with these cars. I have a number of years completed and am now working on the 1946 Lincoln Cabriolet.  I have seen numerous pictures and articles about the car and it shows it painted Pace Car Yellow with a maroon interior. However, when I "colorize" the contemporary black and whit photos of the time it does not appear the color of the interior is maroon-could be the colorizer, but is there a definitive source that points out exactly the interior color? Is there any articles on this car I should be aware of? Looking for any help possible. thanks

Here is a sample of what I have completed-this is the 1941 Chrysler Newport Phaeton. I first put it on Facebook as a page to invite comments, edits, pictures, etc.

facebook.com/groups/2622261764538413/

The legendary late Tom Lerch had a yellow 1946 Lincoln pace car (Canton OH?).  Don't recall who owns it now since his passing.   Not sure if it was an official pace car, or just similar.  So I am sure some of the LZOC past TWOTZ magazines have documented photos of it.  Another fellow did an excellent restoration of I think a yellow 1946 Lincoln that was displayed at the LZOC GOF in Cumberland MD 2011, but not sure it was a pace car or coupe.  A quick google IMAGES search for "1946 Lincoln Indy Pace Car" comes up with 2 partial pics of the interior of a pace car.  One is with the top down and hood open, backed up to a red brick wall, and the seat tops definitely are maroon.  Another photo from conceptcarz.com shows a close-up of the passenger door, with cracked maroon leather seat showing thru the window.  Might help lead you to a more definite lead.  Paul