New guy in Oregon

hey there,

long time Buick nut but always owned 65-72 Buicks and still own a mid 60's Buick. I've been a huge fan of the prewar Coupes since I was a little kid. been considering buying a semi local 37 Buick Special Coupe that is an abandoned project. also looking at a running drivable 37 Special Coupe in the same area but a whole lot rougher shape.  no matter what I end up with I look forward to being here.

Bob

A 37 Buick is a good choice. It is a great looking car and has a real following around here. Also there are enough cars left that when you ask questions there will usually be other owners to respond. Gary W posted a detailed restoration thread about his 37 Special with tons of pictures. It is an excellent reference, and worth a look.

Welcome to the forum!

17 minutes ago, Bloo said:

A 37 Buick is a good choice. It is a great looking car and has a real following around here. Also there are enough cars left that when you ask questions there will usually be other owners to respond. Gary W posted a detailed restoration thread about his 37 Special with tons of pictures. It is an excellent reference, and worth a look.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks John and Bloo,

the car I am pretty certain will be coming home is somebodies abandoned hotrod project. it had a ford 9 inch rear installed. a SBC 383 engine and a 7004R transmission all new and never put in service. also has a Heidts front independent front suspension setup. I wasn't really wanting a street rod type car so i'll be dumping the sbc and overdrive and installing a 66 nailhead engine and ST400 switch pitch transmission. i'm truly amazed just how much stuff is still out there for the 37 Buick. far more than there is for my 66 Skylark GS